KEEP YOUR COSTS UNDER CONTROL WITH UIP.
Unemployment insurance expenses can become quite costly. There is, however, a smart, cost-effective solution: UIP, the Unemployment Insurance Program from MHA Solutions, Inc. UIP was established in 1977 to help public and non-profit hospitals manage rising unemployment insurance expenses. Since that time, the program has helped Mississippi hospitals save more than $100 million. Today, we are able to offer UIP to the entire business community.
A PROVEN APPROACH TO COST CONTAINMENT.
From unemployment cost management to human resource support, MHA Solutions offers the comprehensive services you need to effectively control costs that may have previously seemed uncontrollable.
In addition to handling management and administrative duties, we will work to ensure that individuals who don't meet legal requirements for benefits are not paid. When necessary, we will protest improper payments and appeal unfavorable rulings. Our hearing success rate consistently ranges from 85-90%. That's the kind of action that translates into true cost savings for your company. Equally important, we can help prevent problems from arising by providing human resource support services such as employee counseling, leadership training and staff coaching.
UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE MANAGEMENT OPTIONS:
• Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund Membership: This option is available only to public and nonprofit employers who elect the reimbursable method of financing their unemployment insurance coverage. Protection is provided through a pooled trust of all program members, with separate account balances maintained for each member. Benefit reimbursement payments are made by the program to the state agency and interest accrued through the trust fund is funneled back into the member account to further reduce their unemployment expense.
• Reimbursable Employer Fee-for-Service: This option offers the same UIP management services provided to trust fund members but there are three key differences. First, there is no requirement to pool funds. However, the employer will need to maintain an individual reserve or purchase a surety bond. Second, the state agency is reimbursed by the employer, not by UIP. Third, the employers pay a fee-for-service rendered by the program.
• Taxable Employer Fee-for-Service: This plan is for taxable employers who must pay the state agency a percentage of their taxable payroll on a quarterly basis. The tax rate for these employers is calculated yearly and the rate increases or decreases based on the amount of claims expenses charged to their state UIP accounts. Proper management of claims expenses can substantially reduce the tax rate and unemployment expenses for these employers. Services provided are the same as the Reimbursable Employer Fee-for-Service but the employer does not have to maintain a surety bond or an individual reserve account.
• Client Tailored Services: If your company has unique requirements that aren't addressed by our standard plans, MHA Solutions can design a custom UIP solution to fit your specific needs, goals and budget.
• NextJob: Through an endorsement relationship with NextJob, MHA Solutions offers outplacement services focusing on affordable one-on-one job coaching to every employee affected by a staff reduction. In fact, NextJob offers one-on-one job coaching for the same rates that competitors charge for group seminars and videos. NextJob believes that its savings in unemployment insurance premiums alone will pay for the service. NextJob helps employees transition into their next job quickly and effectively. This reduces unemployment claims exposure, decreases management stress and establishes a positive image. This is an invaluable service that any employer can feel good about providing to the people affected by layoffs and terminations. The NextJob Process provides a complete transition experience for the employee making a job change. NextJob connects them with the best job search resources and provides on-going support and motivation to stay active and positive throughout the job search and education through skills assessment, resume assistance and job search training.
ANOTHER MEMBER-OWNED SOLUTION TO MEMBER NEEDS.
MHA Solutions can help you control unemployment insurance expenses in ways you probably never imagined. So find out more. Just call 601.368.3302 or visit www.mhanet.org today and click on Member Services.
MANAGE UNEMPLOYMENT COSTS
• Hearing representation
• Maintain wage reports
• Respond to claims inquiries
• Review all UI claims
• Protest improper payments
• Appeal unfavorable rulings
• Audit experience rates
• Administer trust fund for public and non-profit employers
• Audit benefit charge statements
• Pay UI charges
HUMAN RESOURCE SUPPORT
• Provide training and consultation
• Supervisor education
• Employee discipline, counseling, hiring and termination
• Effective communication
• Leadership training
• Sexual harassment
• Online termination reporting
• Review and modify
• Legally reviewed employment
• Turnover and claims activity
• Audited benefit charge statements
• Summary of benefit charges
• Hearing reports
• Rehirable employee list
• Resumes and job listings online
• Salary survey resources