Session 2: OB and Neonatal Coding
Following the Guidelines
Thursday, March 28 | 10:00 a.m.
Program sponsored by Primeau Consulting Group an AHIMA Approved Education Provider (ACEP). Attendees will be awarded 1 AHIMA approved CEU for each session attended.
Clinical Validation for High Risk Diagnosis Future Webinars:
Session 1: February 27 Type 1 MIs, Type 2 MIs and Non-Traumatic Myocardial Injuries
Session 2: March 28 OB and Neonatal Coding Following the Guidelines
Session 3: May 21st Acute & Chronic Kidney Disease
Session 4: August 27th Congestive Heart Failure
Session 5: September 24th Respiratory Failure
Register for all sessions and receive one session FREE.
This is a 2HR session that walks through the coding guidelines for OB and Newborn coding. During this session, we will discuss OB complications of care coding and sequencing, take a look at coding sequela of OB complications, the coding clinics related to OB, coding and documentation of newborns, and discussions of how and when to query for not so normal newborns.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Health Information Management directors and managers, coding staff, CDI teams and others within your revenue cycle team
Webinar participants will:
- Realize when a diagnosis is a complication of pregnancy
- Understand the code assignment for multiple fetuses
- Know the quality implications for cases induced before the 39th week
- Recognize when it is appropriate to query the provider for normal newborn problems
Lorie B. Mills, RHIT, CCS
- Program link for joining the webinar will be sent electronically following registration.
- Individuals unable to attend the live webinar will have access to the recorded version at a later date.